Electrical Design & Development Engineer – Harlow, ESSEX
This is a great opportunity for either an experienced or graduate Electrical Engineer to join our engineering team. This new role is based at our Engineering Centre in Harlow, offers an interesting and varied workload and requires working with BS 7671 and other product specific British Standards.
- Design of LV electrical systems.
- Product research and development.
- Product compliance testing.
- Technical authoring.
- Providing technical support to both customers and other internal departments.
- Electrical Engineering degree or HND / HNC in Electrical Engineering.
- Graduate / experienced Electrical Engineer.
- Electrical engineering background within either the Construction or Rail industries (desirable but not essential).
- Computer literate and must have good working knowledge of AutoCAD.
- Technically competent while being commercially aware.
- Enjoy problem-solving.
- Strong communicator, both verbal and written.
- Excellent organisational skills, with strong attention to detail.
Salary: Up to £50k per annum, depending on experience.
Hours: 40 hours per week, 8.30 - 5.00.
Other benefits: Generous pension contributions, on-site parking.
CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Mr Rob Laming, Blakley Electrics Ltd, 3 Scimitar Park, Roydon Road, Harlow ESSEX CM19 5GU
PRODUCTION MANAGER – CRAYFORD
- A new and exciting position as a member of the company management team taking full responsibility for production at the Crayford site.
- Provide a production planning and scheduling function within a computerised production control environment (full ERP).
- Drive the company continuous improvement initiatives.
- Assist in assessing floor layout and plant requirements to meet business strategy, and the sourcing of any new plant and equipment.
- Reporting to the Production Director.
- A strong team builder and leader with excellent interpersonal skills at every level of the organisation. A calm and unruffled approach, able to manage high levels of pressure and possessing the personality and people skills necessary to create a customer focused team.
- Able to drive through change, building credibility and confidence across the company.
- Previous experience and success in a production management role within a small/medium sized batch manufacturing environment.
- Computer literate and proficient in production information systems including MRP in support of the production planning function.
- Familiar with the processes and procedures of an ISO Quality Assurance environment.
- Sound analytical skills, commercially oriented and results-driven with good negotiation ability. Committed to customer service and quality.
- A knowledge of manufacturing methods within an electrical assembly/panel building environment, and the ability to interpret electrical schematic drawings.
- A formal qualification in a manufacturing engineering discipline (preferably HNC).
- Up to £45-£50k PA (based on skills/experience) plus 6.5% company pension contribution
CV and covering letter to email@example.com